Thursday, March 24, 2011

How to Naturally Cure Sinus Inflammation...


Recently, I had a battle with Sinus Inflammation.  It was a chilly day and I was at a workshop.  The room was cold and everyone had on coats.  In the room there was a gas fireplace.  So, the instructor not only turned up the heat, but she also turn on the fireplace.  It wasn't long before my sinuses swelled, head was throbbing and I felt miserable.

If you suffer from chronic sinus inflammation you know how annoying and painful it can be.  With spring time approaching I thought I would share some of my sinus relief tips with you.
1.  I try to make it a point to drink lots of fluids.  Fluids help to dilute the mucus in your inflamed sinuses and promote proper drainage.  The Mayo Clinic says the best options are water and juice.  However if you're like me and prefer soothing hot drinks like herbal teas, that's fine.  Just try to avoid caffeinated drinks that can dehydrate, making your symptoms worst.

2. Steam treatments are awesome!  Whether you decide to soak in a tub and enjoy a hot shower.  Breathing in the warm, moist air soothes irritation and can also decrease sinus pain, according to the Mayo Clinic.  Even,  a bowl filled with hot water will generates stream.  Just place a towel over your head to contain the steam and inhale.  Personal, I like add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to the water.  Eucalyptus essential oil is an anti-inflammatory and will help to open the sinuses naturally.

3. The last thing I do is diffuse eucalyptus essential using a room diffuser.   Breathing in the oils while I sleep helps me to rest a bit easier.  You can also place of drop of oil on the palm of your hand, rub your hands together, then cup over you nose and inhaling.

Ahhhh...


Many Blessing!
Lilly
www.MyAncientOils.com


No comments: