Friday, April 29, 2011

BESTeam Feature: You are my Sunshine!

Nina from Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida is the owner of "You are my Sunshine."  Isn't that a great name for a shop!  This shop springs up beautiful, handmade, fabric flower brooches, hair pins, and Jewelry in a rainbow of colors.  What better way to bring sunshine to your day! 



When ask, What decade or style inspires you? Nina respond was...
I really like the Victorian era with the lace and the bustles and the feminine finery. I have been wanting to use my stash of antique lace to make bracelet cuffs and maybe one day I will have some time.

If you could peek inside the studio of any artist, designer or craftsman (dead or alive), who would it be?
I would love to watch Miriam Haskell work. I once borrowed a library book with her creations and they are truly stunning!



Ethereal wildflowers, hand formed with creamy white and sheer fabric and dreamy tulle with the palest peach faux glass pearls in each center. A vintage gold tone brooch, a bunch of flowers with intricate filigree leaves accent the top of this resplendent necklace!

How do you get out of your creative ruts?
I have a box of projects. When I seem to not be able to put ideas together, I play with my box of projects and make notes on my ideas. I love mixing metal and fabric, new and vintage, to create a one of a kind item.


Where would you like to be in ten years?
I would like to wield a torch and/or solder and work with metals.

Where would you like your shop to be in ten years?
In 10 years, I would like to be relaxed enough and confident enough with my shop to be able to help other people, women who are starting out and not knowing what to do. I would use my shop as an example of hard word, trial and error, and perseverance. I would have learned faster had I had someone beside me holding my hand. I did it all by myself and I am still learning! I would like to teach someone the nuances of the things I have learned.

To view more of Nina beautiful flowers visit her shop at You are my Sunshine
or follow Nina on her blog  http://www.ninainflorida.com/

No comments: