Monday, June 25, 2012

Sunburn Already?


Working out in the yard it didn't take long before I experienced some redness. A little longer and it would have been a sunburn. Well, I immediately reached for my Shea butter w/coconut oil to smooth the redness. Although it work well, if I had a burn touching my skin would have been extremely painful.
 
So here is a tip for a homemade soothing spritz that will alleviate the pain and cool your burn without having to be touched A Lavender spritz spray! 

Lavender essential oil cools a burn and speed the healing processes.  All you need to do is fill a 2-4 oz spritz bottle with water.  

Next, add 1 or 2 ml of Lavender essential oil to the water then spray on the burn.  Once the tenderness subsided a bit, I would mix 10-15 drops of lavender oil to a couple of ounces of Aloe Vera gel for a cooling lotion. Both work great and are worth remembering!

2 comments:

Dana Haddon said...

ouch! Pinning this post - I've gotta keep this in mind for my husband!

Lilly DelValle K. said...

Thanks Dana!