Thursday, May 22, 2014

Basil not just for Cooking!



Did you know that Basil essential oil (Ocimum basilcum CT methyl chavicol)) is best known for its antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties?

Basil Properties: Antispasmodic, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxant, antiseptic, decongestant (prostate, lungs, veins), stimulant (digestive, liver, adrenal cortex and nerves).

Documented Benefits and Uses of Basil:
May help with migraines, insect bites, throat/lung infections, mental fatigue, menstrual periods (scanty), hair (dandruff), aches and pains, insomnia, depression, anxiety, bronchitis, insect repellant (housefly and mosquito) and bites.

Aromatic Affect on the Mind:
It can be mentally stimulating and can help with mental clarity.

Testimonial by Marlys Penne: I often have muscle spasms in my legs and also have sciatica. The spasms bother me most during the night. I keep a bottle of Basil on my nightstand. I rub a few drops of basil on my legs and massage them. The basil seems to relieve the spasms very quickly.


No comments: